Friday, May 22, 2009

Book Review- Across the Nightingale Floor-Lian Hearn

This is the first of a series, and I now have to get the rest! It's supposed to be a "fantasy" location, but yeah, it's ancient Japan. Excellent story, wonderful characters, even if there some mystical love of honorable suicide woven throughout. It's a quick read, but just right for summer! I passed it along to the men in my life. This is right up their alley- fighting for honor and ninjas who can disappear. I can totally see this as a movie and a video game.

1 comment:

nimrodiel said...

you can find the audio versions of the series they are extremely well read. Elengil and I listened to the first two on road trips last year.

I own the whole main series. It's one of those where I stumbled on the first book and was amazed and exited by it and the following books.

This reminds me, I've got the last book to read still, I should pick it out of the TBR pile.