Over on facebook this is going around- list the first 15 books that come into your head.
1. Finger Licking Fifteen (reading now)
2. Grass for His Pillow (interrupted to read #1)
3. The Sparrow (best book ever)
4. A Thread of Grace (same author- so that was next in the brain fog)
5. Forrest Gump (because I was just telling someone how horrible it was)
6. Island of the Blue Dolphins (my favorite as a kid)
7. My Side of the Mountain (another childhood favorite)
8. The Egg and I (still hilarious after 40 years)
9. The Handmaid's Tale (the last Atwood I read- a favorite author- which reminds me of...)
10. Cat's Eye (also Atwood)
11. Whip Hand (The book that started my love affair with Dick Francis)
12. Angela's Ashes (because Dick Francis is English and that reminded me of Irish Frank McCourt)
13. Angels and Demons (just saw the movie so that's floated up from the depths)
14. The DaVinci Code (because if Angels and Demons)
15. The Lorax- my first "green" book
These are not my favorites now, or books that I can't live without- but the question was list the first 15, and those surfaced first.
The best books ever would include Les Miserables, The Count of Monte Cristo, Fahrenheit 451, and loads of others that are just now floating into memory... but that list is for another day.