Inspired by Sam Neill's Two Paddocks Blog I'm going to post guest DJ's top ten lists. Since this is my blog, I'm going first.
1. Turn the Page by Bob Seger- I hear this song all the time driving home from teaching, and when I'm tired, this is exactly how I feel.
2.Fire and Rain by James Taylor- I've always loved this song, but it tore me up after my father died. I'm glad I can listen to it again.
3. Imagine by John Lennon- If my life has a theme song, this is it.
4. Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen- It's QUEEN! Who doesn't love Queen?
5. This Old Guitar by John Denver- John Denver got me through high school. My guitar got me through so much more.
6. Symphony No.6 by Beethoven- I love it all but the link is just part of it. Music that makes you think of the outdoors is fine by me.
7. Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin- just because I love the whole big band era.
8. Matthew by John Denver- I named my son after this song. Don't judge me.
9. Diary by Bread- the eternal lost love song. I love everything Bread did, but this one makes me wish someone had a crush on me like this. I wouldn't have broken his heart.
10. Desperado by The Eagles- I could listen to this on an endless loop.
So I see most of my songs are a bit melancholy. Maybe I'll do the perky songs some other time.